This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Foxhill Lodge
Foxhill Lodge is located in Perrymead, Bath and offers
two guest rooms, each with a private en-suite.
Foxhill Lodge and the guest accommodation are situated along a single track road – which, by car, leads only to the premises – at the end of Perrymead in Bath. It is surrounded by trees, gardens and fields and from the gardens there are wide sweeping views over Bathwick and Solsbury Hill beyond. A walk into the centre of World Heritage site, Bath, typically takes around 20 minutes from the property and the National Trust’s Prior Park Lanscape Gardens are a 15 minute walk away. A bus into town stops regularly, 500 metres walk away. Bath University is a 5 minute drive away.
The accommodation was renovated in 2015 and converted from out-buildings into purpose-built bed and breakfast accommodation.
Whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests there are some original features of the building which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone Sally on 07976 317694 or email us at email@example.com
- The No. 13 bus travels from Bath’s bus station on Dorchester Street every 20 minutes to a bus stop estate five minute walk from Foxhill Lodge, which is approximately 500 metres walk to Foxhill Lodge.
- Taxis can be hailed at the railway station or from next to the Abbey and should cost no more than £6 to deliver you to Foxhill Lodge. Most taxis can take a maximum of four passengers, but larger cars are available by calling a local taxi company, or by visiting one of the offices either on Monmouth Street or South Parade.
Car Parking and Arrival
- Off road parking is available free of charge at Foxhill Lodge.
- Parking is above the house ie. turn left after the house into the driveway.
- Access to the The Lodge and The Studio is gained directly from the tarmac driveway onto gravel which fronts the bed and breakfast accommodation.
- This is well lit at night by a motion sensor onto the car parking area and outside The Lodge and The Studio.
- Guests can either call us on the phone to let us know that they have arrived and we can come up to meet you at the bed and breakfast accommodation, alternatively there are a number of steps down to our house from the driveway (through a garden gate) to reach our house.
- Assistance can be given with luggage.
- Our guest rooms are accessed by means of their own front doors on ground floor level.
- There is a small step up into both The Lodge and The Studio.
- The Lodge has two steps up into the room – 52mm (6ins) and 78mm (7ins) respectively. The door is 736mm (29ins) wide at its narrowest point.
- The Studio has one 12mm (4ins) high step. The door to The Studio is 813mm (32ins) wide at its narrowest point.
- There is a secure/lockable interconnecting door between The Lodge and The Studio, it is 813mm (32ins) wide.
- Our beds are normally made up with duvets and sheets.
- We offer feather /down and synthetic pillows in combination on the double and king size beds and feather and down on the single beds as standard.
- There is seating, bedside tables, bedside lamps provided in each room.
- Flat screen Freeview digital TV/DVD with subtitles are provided in both rooms.
- The Lodge has one king size bed and a day bed which converts into two single beds. The Studio has one standard double bed.
The Lodge En-suite shower-room & toilet
- The shower room and toilet is accessed via a doorway 710mm (28ins) in width
- The toilet 432mm (17ins) in height.
- A flexible head shower cubicle with a 508mm (20ins) entry gap and a step of 52mm (2ins)
The Studio En-suite shower room and toilet
- The en-suite in The Studio is accessed via a 711mm (28ins)
- Wide doorway from the bedroom.
- Toilet 420mm (16.5ins) high
- The shower cubicle is accessed via 508mm (20ins) wide folding door and a 133mm (3.5ins) step. The shower has a removable shower head.
- There are no baths.
Heating and Smoke Alarms
- Temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements.
- There are automatic audible smoke alarms in each room.
- There is a table that can seat up to six in The Lodge – four straight-backed chairs are provided. There is a table and two straight-backed chairs in The Studio.
- A continental breakfast is delivered to the rooms the night before.
- There is a fridge in the room to keep perishables fresh.
- There are not cooking facilities in either room.
- Breakfast is the only meal that can be consumed in the rooms please.
- The table will be cleared daily and fresh breakfast is delivered daily.
- For guests we have a small gravelled front garden with garden chairs and tables.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests’ pets but we do of course welcome assistance dogs.
- There are ‘In Case of Fire’ instructions posted on the back of guest entry doors.
- There is an information folder for each of the bedrooms with maps, NHS facilities, local restaurants/pubs, travel, theatres and other local facilities and attractions.
- We have secure storage for cycles.
- Free Wi-Fi facilities are also available on request – wifi reception is variable.
- We are happy to cater for special diets or particular likes or
- Dislikes with notice. Please advise us before your arrival.
- Refrigerators in the rooms can be used to store prescription medication.
- Mobile phone reception is generally good.
- Address : Foxhill Lodge, Perrymead, Bath, BA2 5AT
- Telephone: 01225 635763 or 07976 317694
- Email bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.bathbreakfastinbed.co.uk
- Hours Of Operation: Flexible within reason
- Local Carers: N/A
- Local Accessible Taxi: Abbey Taxi 01225 444444
- Local Public Transport: First Transport